Ajumobi o Kan Tanu, Eni Ori Ransini Lo n Se Ni Lore! Ovivy’s .4M Financial Intervention in Ronel Foods & Grocery Femi Ojo




Image may contain: Ovivy Ladouce, motorcycle and outdoor
VIVIAN
“When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.  A bone to the dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just hungry as the dog. You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay”  Unknown


It was like a joke when on one early morning in the Month of January 2018 when I got a DM on my phone that reads “ Femi, please send your account details, I think I will like to support Ronel Foods & Grocery business that you and your wife are into with an interest free loan payable installmentally monthly  at a convenient rate you want”  At that time, Ronel Foods & Grocery was at an experimental stage and we had just started our story majorly on Facebook but unknown to us, Vivian was watching and was inspired by our online marketing activities.


Let me say that, at the time we got this DM on my phone, we only had few customers majority of whom were households and these  were  just couple of loyal friends and acquaintances. At the time of Oviviy’s intervention, the future of Ronel Foods & Grocery was obscured but with faith and determination, we just forged ahead; believing our service offerings in agricultural value chain business would make sense one day. It was part of the dark moments of our lives economically, with a toddler and huge bills piled up already.


Okay, let me  quickly   digress a bit and tell you briefly about the personality of the young lady who gave us a blind trust by supporting our business with N.4M, shortly after I sent my bank details to her from far away in Europe, France to be specific.  Ovivy, as I like to call her, before her relocation to France, was just a friend that we greeted from distance and my fraternity with her was through my wife, Omotoyosi. The young lady is a Nigerian of Igbo extraction, whose journey of life has been graced by God’s favour, she is a large hearted fellow, humble, respectful and inspiring…a multilinguistic and an  expert on German, French, Spanish, English, Igbo, Yoruba and  pigin English languages.
Image may contain: 4 people, including Ovivy Ladouce, people standing, sky and outdoor
Ovivy


I remember telling few of my friends about Ovivy’s rare gesture at a time some of them could not make any sense of my new side hustle and I remember  how one or two of them felt sorry for me, thinking the farm fresh foods venture was a demeaning business I could ever think of. Today, with the help of God and blind trust that Ovivy gave us with such huge financial support, we have expanded our clientele base from  mere households clients to  hotels, lounges, school boarding houses, catering service outfits, guest houses, quick restaurants, supermarkets, shawarma shops, offices and gone international by exporting some of our farm fresh foods( dried products) abroad. We are grateful to God and to this young lady, whose gesture helped our business to grow. Must I say, that Vivian never for once put pressure on us on the loan repayment schedule even when we failed at some points to meet up  at the agreed date due to some business dynamics….she would say “ Femi, I understand, don’t put too much pressure on yourself, pay when the money comes in and how is business?” And from her initial blind trust in us,, we have moved on to other things including trusting me again to manage and oversee her other investments in Nigeria that involve huge financial bills and confidentiality! Folks join me to wish our dearest Ovivy a happy birthday!


Happy birthday Vivian and we are grateful for all!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YGRL CALLS FOR 2018 NIGERIA WOMEN ACHIEVERS NOMINATION. Femi Ojo

THE DEMISE OF A GOOD MAN….TRIBUTE TO DR. OLUYOMBO AWOJOBI. Femi Ojo

RISING BEYOND OBSCURITY…THE STORY OF A YOUNG NIGERIAN PROFESSOR IN DURBAN, SOUTH AFRICA Femi Ojo